You will have significant experiences.
I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of
them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful and significant things.
Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you.
Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some
may build upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experiences.
- Gordon B Hinckley

Sunday, May 22, 2011

This is my therapy...

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo since Everett's birth. One of my major issues while Everett was in the hospital was that to the average person, I looked like an average person. From the outside, no one would have known the struggles that we were enduring. And therefore, no one would understand why I wasn't the same person that I once was. I often said to those closest to me that it would have been easier if I had a scar on the outside...something to show the pain...then people would ask questions and understand. Well...19 months later (and two months of saying every day, "I want a tattoo") I finally got one!

This is Everett's foot print at birth. When we went to get it done, the artist said, "Do you want it actual size?" I said, "Yes" and he replied, "Then why did you shrink it?" Zac and I grinned and sweetly said, "This is actual size." You should have seen the look on the guy's face.

So here is my outward mark to the scar inside. My reminder of the journey of a lifetime. 


No comments:

Post a Comment