You will have significant experiences.
I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of
them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful and significant things.
Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you.
Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some
may build upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experiences.
- Gordon B Hinckley

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Complications...

Dear Family and Friends,

Zac woke up this morning with a headache.  In a typical post-surgical patient this wouldn’t be a big concern, but in a neurosurgical patient, it could be a sign of a complication.  The possibility being that Zac’s spine has a small leak of cerebrospinal fluid, thus causing the headache.  His MRI from yesterday showed no leak but a small one might not be detected on the MRI.  His headache worsens when he’s upright and is almost alleviated when lying flat.  It was so bad this morning that he declined physical therapy until the afternoon and only walked once in the hall.  The doctors feel confident that he simply did too much too fast, and yet the symptoms have earned him another day or two of observation. 

My mom and I are headed home tomorrow for one night.  I NEED to see my kids.  I need to hug them and smell them and talk to them and put them to bed.  I am exhausted and need to be home to get grounded again.  I will come back on Friday, hoping to bring Zac home before Easter.  His mom and younger brother will stay with him until I return.  To say this is frustrating is an understatement.  But we are patient and confident and know that he will heal with time.  We thrive on your love.

Believe in Miracles,


The Bollinger Family

No comments:

Post a Comment