You will have significant experiences.
I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of
them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful and significant things.
Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you.
Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some
may build upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experiences.
- Gordon B Hinckley

Friday, April 3, 2015

The Headache Continues...

Dear Family and Friends,

Sorry I didn’t update yesterday.  I spent the entire day with my kids, enjoying them and drinking them in.  I had envisioned this grand reunion after 10 days apart.  Something like Reece reaching out for me while Everett ran toward me in slow motion calling out “Mama.”  Instead, I came home to a baby who wouldn’t let me touch him and a five-year-old who immediately asked where his present was.  Oh well, so much for that perfect moment.  After an excruciating 20 minutes, Reece finally let me hold him and Everett started professing just how much he loved me.  We played legos and took pictures and pet Jack and wrestled.  The TV stayed off, a friend dropped dinner by, and we were just together without distraction.  I needed that.  

Zac’s dad and I returned to the hospital today.  Zac still has a headache.  It seems to worsen when his head is above 30 degrees.  He is unable to do physical therapy because his head hurts anytime he is upright.  He had a CT scan yesterday which showed no CSF leak.  Today, because his symptoms persist, he had another MRI.  We don’t have the results yet.  Other than the headache, Zac says he’s feeling pretty good.  His back pain is manageable.  He coughed yesterday without pain for the first time in over a year!

We are praying that Zac’s headache either resolves or has a cause which can be treated.  We are so ready to go home and this delay is crushing.  We are still hopeful to be home by Easter…

Believe in Miracles,


The Bollinger Family

No comments:

Post a Comment