You will have significant experiences.
I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of
them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh
your memory of these meaningful and significant things.
Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you.
Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some
may build upon another until they represent a lifetime of
special experiences.
- Gordon B Hinckley

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Making Progress...

Dear Family and Friends,

Zac is now post-op day #2 and just moved out of ICU.  He has completed his 48 hours of lying on his stomach and is now getting up and walking to the bathroom.  His pain is better today than yesterday but is still quite substantial.  He has completed two hyperbaric chamber therapy treatments.  These sessions use a steel tube with pressurized oxygen to force oxygen into the tissues and promote healing.  From the research I did online, the results can be quite effective.  Each session is two hours of lying in the tube, which is completely enclosed.  It doesn’t sound fun; luckily Zac isn’t claustrophobic.  

The big, great news is that we got the approval for Zac’s radiation course to be done at home!  The oncologists were originally indicating that the treatments would need to be done at UCLA because of the rarity of his tumor.  But today the attending said our facilities are very capable of completing their plan.  Whew!  Those treatments will start 2-6 weeks after discharge, depending on Zac’s healing.  

We are making progress…hopefully toward home.  On a side note, I wanted to include this short conversation that I had with Everett today.  I was running a little low on faith this morning and God answered my need and then some.  Our miraculous boy certainly is a gift from God.  I know he is destined to change the world.

E: "Mom, who is God?"
Me: "He is a righteous man who listens to our prayers."
E: "He takes care of us."
Me: "Who told you that?"
E: "God."
Me: "When did he tell you that?"
E: "On the day I was born. He said I had to be brave. He said I could do it. He said He would take care of me."

Believe in Miracles,


The Bollinger Family

No comments:

Post a Comment